Do you ever had a question of how to starve yourself? If yes then I am here to help you out and no, Iwill not give you any advice that don’t starve yourself. The important thing to understand when you have decided to starve yourself is the reason why you want to starve yourself in the 1st place. Ask yourself the question why are you thinking about starving yourself, and is it really necessary? Once you have understood the main reason behind starving yourself you can go ahead and the best advice that I can give is to stay focused.
Do you experience tooth sensitivity to sweets?(Do this first & 23 ways to prevent it)
When you are idle and have no work to do, all you can think about will be food. If you are near food and if your friends and family members are enjoying food, even a little smell from the food can make you lose control. So, in these situations, you have to be focused and remember why you started it in the first place. Do something productive when you are hungry and starving yourself as your mind will make you think all about food. The smell, the favorite food, and the most difficult part would be when you will be sitting with someone who is eating food.
Just remember the cause for which you are starving.
Some advice if you are going to starve yourself
- Starve yourself only if you have any excess weight that you can lose.(Fat loss)
- Starve yourself only of you are in good health and shape.
- Do not starve yourself if you are on medication.
- Don’t starve yourself for too long if you are feeling drowsy, weak or weary.
- Keep on drinking water to flush out all the toxins out of your body.
- Stop starving yourself if you feel weak, or if you faint, black out or have hallucinations.
- Remember that you can survive a few days without food but you will survive only a few hours if you don’t drink water. So when you are starving yourself remember to drink fluids especially water.
- Before starving yourself first try for a day or two to get a feel of how you will feel if you starve yourself so that you can make an informed decision.
Starving yourself to lose weight is not as sustainable way to lose weight and it is almost stupid to do it, because you will lose weight at first but then your body will go into survival mode and save your fat to save energy. So after a few days your weight loss speed will slow down and almost halt. So make sure you have a pretty good reason to starve yourself for days on end.
What do you mean by cumming on sleeping?(How to prevent it)
It is better to skip meals and do intermittent fasting than starving yourself. But again, try everything to understand what works for you and your body.
How long should you starve yourself?
Now that you have understood that to starve yourself you have to stop eating totally. The next question that can come to your mind is that how long should i starve myself? Well you can try the basic one day starving, three day starving and 10 days starving. You should not try anything longer than 10 days. If you are planning for starving for more than 10 days then make sure that you inform your doctor, dietician or a nurse who can help you achieve the goal without getting any major complications.
Every person has a different body type and they respond differently when starved. So make sure you take proper guidance from a health practitioner before attempting to starve yourself.
What is intermittent fasting?
Intermittent fasting has gained a lot of followers and it can be termed one of the most popular weight loss trends. Intermittent fasting can help you lose weight, improve your overall health and make lifestyle changes to become healthy without starving yourself.
A lot of health coaches recommend intermittent fasting as it has many powerful effects on your body and brain. Some studies suggest that intermittent fasting can help you lose weight and slow down aging.
Don’t STARVE: Instead do these 10 things to lose weight
If the only reason for you to starve yourself is to lose weight then you should try these 10 easy things and lose weight easily:
- Eat breakfast like a king: Make sure to eat a good and fulfilling breakfast which will keep you full for long and since your digestive fire is at its peak in the morning so anything that you eat is easily digested.
- Snacks: Eat healthy snacks which can be fulfilling and keep you full for long.
- Avoid eating white rice, wheat and white sugar in excess and reduce their intake as much as possible.
- Weights: Lifting weights can increase your metabolism and therefore help you lose weight slowly.
- Mindful eating: You have to be mindful of what you eat if you want to lose weight. Understand the foods that make you gain weight easily and remove it from your diet.
- Cheat meal: Keep it as simple as possible and also make sure to keep the portion size very small.
- Low carb: In the starting, you can switch to a low-carb diet, and slowly with time you can get back to eating normal carbs in an amount that does not affect your weight loss program.
- No soda: Quit soda and other fizzy drinks as they are one of the greatest problems.
- Eat fats: Eat good fats to cut lose weight and lose fat.
- Jog: Jogging increases your heart rate and increases your metabolism which aids in losing weight.
I hope you would have got all answers related to how to starve yourself. Now you can take an informed decision on whether you want to starve yourself or not. If you decide to starve yourself then make sure that you take consultation from your doctor or dietician.
The information included at this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment by a healthcare professional. Because of unique individual needs, the reader should consult their physician to determine the appropriateness of the information for the reader’s situation
Dr. Susanna Ashton has been practicing medicine for over 20 years and she is very excited to assist Healthoriginaltips in providing understandable and accurate medical information. When not strolling on the beaches she loves to write about health and fitness.