In this article we will discuss on: Food that makes people sick will often: taste the same as normal. Humans have so many options of food to eat, some foods are associated with foodborne illnesses and some are even known to be the major factor behind food poisoning. Some foods are carriers of very harmful germs that can make you very sick if by chance your food is contaminated.
A Yoga Meditation to Connect to Power (Learn these 5 Best Yoga Poses)
Some of the most common food-borne illnesses are caused by eating contaminated food. Some of the most common foods that can cause illness are:
- Raw meat or animal-based food products are most likely to be contaminated. If the food is not cooked properly it is likely to be contaminated. Make sure that the meat, poultry, eggs, raw milk, and shellfish should be cooked properly before consuming it.
- Fruits and vegetables can also be contaminated therefore wash them properly before eating them. And cook vegetables before eating vegetables.
- While some foods are more prone at making you sick, any food item can get contaminated while harvesting, transportation or during storage as many preservatives are used to extend the life of food products. Sometimes during storage contamination can spread from one food item to the other.
- Raw or undercooked meat, poultry, and seafood
- Unpasteurized milk and soft cheeses
- Raw fruits and vegetables
- Baked goods made with unpasteurized eggs
- Olives, pickles, and other canned or fermented foods
Some of the most common symptoms of foodborne illness are:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Stomach cramps
- Muscle aches
If you think you may have a foodborne illness, it is important to see a doctor right away. If you have severe symptoms, you should go to the emergency room. Food-borne illnesses can be very serious, and even deadly.
Keep on reading the article to understand the foods which are known to cause food poisoning than others so that you can save yourself and your family from such food poisoning-causing foods.
Why does food make you sick?
There are many reasons why food makes people sick. One reason is that food may not be stored or prepared properly. Another reason is that people may have sensitive stomachs or allergies to certain foods. Sometimes, food is contaminated with bacteria, viruses, or toxins.
When food makes people sick, they may experience symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and fever. In some cases, people may also experience more serious symptoms like seizures or difficulty breathing. If you think you have food poisoning, it is important to see a doctor right away. Food poisoning can be very dangerous and even deadly in some cases.
There are several things you can do to avoid getting sick from food. One of the most important things is to make sure that your food is cooked properly. Always wash your hands before you eat, and be careful to avoid cross contamination when you are preparing food. If you have any doubts about a food’s safety, it is best to throw it out.
If you think you may have food poisoning, there are some things you can do at home to feel better. Try drinking clear fluids like water or ginger ale. You can also try taking over-the-counter medications like ibuprofen or acetaminophen for pain relief. If your symptoms are severe, however, you should see a doctor right away. Food poisoning can be very dangerous, so it is important to get medical help if you think you have it.
Foods to avoid that makes people sick
Meat and poultry
Never eat raw or undercooked meat and poultry as it can make you really sick. Raw poultry mostly contains Campylobacter and may also containSalmonella, Clostridium perfringens and other bacterias. These bacterias are the reason why you can fall sick on eating raw meat and poultry.
- Some recipes may call for washing it before cooking, you should always avoid this step. If you wash raw poultry or meat then it can contaminate other food items, utensils and surfaces while washing.
- Make sure that you cook your meat and poultry properly, by cooking properly the bacteria present in the meat and poultry is killed which will reduce the chances of you getting ill.
- You can use a cooking thermometer to check temperature during the cooking as you cant tell if the meat is cooked properly or not.
- If you have any leftover meat then make sure that you refrigerate it under 40°F or colder as low temperatures prevent bacteria from growing.
Fruits and vegetables
This is something that will seem most unorthodox suggestion ever read. But don’t worry we’ll explain properly what we are telling. If you eat fresh fruits and vegetables it can provide many health benefits, but sometimes eating the same fresh fruits and vegetables may cause food poisoning due to the presence of harmful bacteria. Fresh fruits and vegetables are transported from places far away from your home and in between it can get contaminated anywhere during the process.
The safest fruits and vegetables are cooked, the next safest are the ones that are washed and the unwashed and uncooked fruits and vegetables are the least safe. Hence, avoid unwashed and uncooked fruits and vegetables.
Raw milk and other raw milk products
You should never drink raw unpasteurized milk and other milk products made with it, such as soft cheeses, ice cream and yoghurt. As you must have understood by now why you should not drink raw milk is because they carry harmful germs and bacteria which can cause health issues.
- Raw milk is made safe by dairy by undergoing pasteurization, which is the process which requires just enough heat for just enough time to kill the disease causing germs.
- The nutritional benefits of the milk are maintained even after pasteurization.
- You can get listeria infection by drinking raw milk, although it is not very common but it can sicken pregnant women, older adults and people with weak immune system.
It is clear that something needs to be done about the food industry. Too many people are getting sick from eating contaminated foods. While some companies are taking steps to ensure their food is safe, others seem to be dragging their feet. We need stricter regulations and better oversight of the food industry if we want to keep our families healthy. What do you think should be done? Let us know in the comments below.
The information included on this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment by a healthcare professional. Because of unique individual needs, the reader should consult their health advisor to determine the appropriateness of the information for the reader’s situation.
Dr. Susanna Ashton has been practicing medicine for over 20 years and she is very excited to assist Healthoriginaltips in providing understandable and accurate medical information. When not strolling on the beaches she loves to write about health and fitness.
1 thought on “Food that makes people sick will often: taste the same as normal”
Comments are closed.